Saturday, November 22, 2008

Still Going

It has been a few days, and I have been reflecting quite a bit. There is so much in this world that makes no sense, but has to be - for whatever reason. I have always thought that the sadness I have experienced in this life was worth something - that I grew somehow for the better. I'll tell you what...this one was a doozie.

There is no way I can really put into words how much I have changed. On the surface, I look about the same, but on the inside, I am completely different. And, you can't really go back, ever, to the person that you were before.

Someday, I hope to understand why - and I don' think that is a bad thing. In some weird way, I already get it. It isn't fair, but I can still see the good. Trust me, I have said that a million times, but life isn't fair. It just isn't. So, I have learned to relish the good, regardless of how insignificant it might seem. I appreciate the little, the few, and the unspectacular. Beauty is there, in the most simple of things.

No comments: