Monday, December 29, 2008

2009

This past year has been long, time slowed down to a snail's pace. With just a few days left in 2008, I think back on the road we have traveled, and it was exhausting. I wouldn't trade it in, but I am ready for it to be over. I feel positive going in to the new year, and I know that good things are already happening.

When I reflect, I see how close I was at times to checking out. Infact, there are periods of time that I don't even remember. This past year was a mental Olympics of sorts...and I did it. Somehow, I got through it. It is a relief to be here on the other side. I am strong enough now to face any obstacles in my path. I am ready to live. I know how this works though, life is not fair, and there might be more challenges ahead. That's just life.

Happy New Year,
Renee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading what you share from your heart, Renee.
"Life isn't fair"...I was thinking about that and a different way to frame that for me came to mind...there are lots of times when I feel blessed beyond what I deserve...those are times when I'm glad life isn't fair.
There's something hopeful and healing about a new day, a new season, a new year...I hope 2009 is a great year for you, Renee!
Jen Davis