Monday, October 6, 2008

Changes


Posted by RC at 12:20 PM 3 comments
Monday, November 5, 2007
Changes



Where to begin? Last Sunday, our world shifted a bit. We were in the process of trying to buy a house and decided to take an evening walk before bed to think and talk about everything. It was a beautiful, gloomy, fall night with a full moon. Honestly, something was bound to happen. We were playing wth our four-legged friend and love of my life...Tibby. As many of you know..Don and I loved her and did just about anything for her because she brought us so much unconditional love, espceially during some really difficuly times in our own lives. I hate to talk about this in writing but it seems to be the best way for me to get it out. There were some poor choices made, by us all, and she sprinted across the road and was hit by a speeding truck. We all went into schock and tried to save her. I wish there was a way...I wish I could take the whole day back, I wish a lot of things. What I do know is that people might say that she was just a dog, but I know how much more she was. Her soul was so strong and caring and loving and most people on this earth do not posess these qualities. She was known by so many, but most important by Don and I, and we will not forget how much she did for us.

This leads me to Tuesday, just a few days later. We happened to have our 30-week check up and lo and behold pregnancy issues abound. Chronic hypertension and potentially pre-eclampsia. Oh it is just too hard to explain, so you will have to google it:) I was advised to check right in tot he hospital, which at the time seemed a very welcome change from our apartment where my tiny, furry friend lived. We did many tests throughout the week, and my amazing husbnad stayed the whole time...sleeping on a horrible pull out chair. In the end, it sounds as though this baby is going to come really early. He is close to 3 lbs now and we are all hoping he can make it another month. They have decided the pre-eclampsia is mild, but could turn serious at any time. The hypertension is a bit rough. My bp bounces all ovetr theplace and I have been put on bedrest indefinately. It has been almost one week of laying on my left side. For those of you who know how much I like to move, you know how much this is sheer torture. The point is this baby is comng out sooner than later. It is certain that he won't be out in '08. Hopefully late November or early December. Maybe I will start an on-line poll for the due date. We need some kind of humor in all of this, right?

No comments: