
Thursday, February 14, 2008
The New Us
Three months ago today, our lives started over. We had no warning, no choice. We felt like our family was ripped away from us.
Today is Valentine's Day, and while I feel it is a bit corny, it reminds me that I have a heart that yearns to love. Valentines Day will always be the day that I remember what I have in my life, not what I don't have. Just in the past few days, I have began to feel normal again. Or, at least, I have started to accept the new normal. And with that, I have been able to open my heart again to those around me who have shown me so much love. Don't get me wrong, this hasn't come easy or happened overnight. I have worked hard to get to this point. For those of you who have grieved a sudden loss, or two, you know that this can take years before the memories come to you without overwhelming sadness and bitterness.
So, today, I am focusing my love to my husband who has been there, I mean been there, to pull me out of what I call the deep downs. To that place where your want to pull your heart out, to that place where you can't get out of bed, to that place where you feel helpless and hopeless all at once. Once again, he has helped me to stay above water when I thought I couldn't tread water anymore.
I dedicate today to three beautiful souls: my husband, my angel Tibby, and my little baby boy Quinlan.
Happy V Day to everyone!
Love
Renee



No comments:
Post a Comment