Thursday, May 8, 2008
Much Thanks!
It is overwhelming to see all of the support so many of my family and friends have given to CCFA. I thank you all for your donations, your time, and your kind words. I have heard about others who have Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis, and I am sure I will forge many new friendships this way.
So far, the Remicade treatment has been great. There have minimal side effects. The night after my first infusion, my hands swelled up pretty big, and haven't gone down 100%. Other than that, there is some sinus congestion and coughing, but my doctors don't seem too worried, so I won't be. Before the next infusion, they plan to up the steroid and allergy dose, and see if that helps. They are hoping it isn't serum sickness, so, lets all keep our fingers crossed. I can tell this first round is starting to wear off a bit, so I am eagerly anticipating the next infusion on the 19th. Don and I are looking forward to the walk this weekend. I will try to get some pictures to post in this blog.
I almost forgot that Mother's Day was coming until a few days ago. I didn't think it would hit me as hard as it has. I was warned that anniversary dates would be tough; I didn't realize how they could sneak up on me and remind me that I am not as strong as I think. It reminds me that I am a mother, regardless of whether the little guy is here or not. I am thinking about you a lot little Quin, and missing you every day.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment