Monday, October 6, 2008



Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Cap Hill


While the DNC is taking place in our former backyard, I have been thinking a lot about that time during our lives. Don and I lived in Capitol Hill for 5+ years, with the state capitol just blocks away. I have seen my share of protests, rallies, and other interesting political hullabaloo (I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence). I can only imagine the intensity this week. It is a beautiful part of Denver, filled with VERY interesting people, culture, and creativity. We miss Cap Hill, in all of its eclectic glory.

I am reminded nearly every minute how different my life was then. It wasn't even a year ago, but I have aged at least a decade. I want to go to see everything, but I can't. I just can't. Capitol Hill was where I came of age, finally, after all these years. It is where I figured out who Renee was, and is. It is where I fell in love, found happiness, and conceived a little boy that I don't get to walk with in this life.
So many mixed feelings...

No comments: