Monday, October 6, 2008

Waiting, But Losing Patience

Monday, November 12, 2007
Not Going Anywhere


Still in the hospital and the news is: I will be here until I deliver. It won't be the 60 days until my due date, however, there is no specifics on a date. It really is day by day, hour by hour. Frustrating when you are confined to a bed and being monitored every hour on the hour. At one point they thought they would deliver this weekend, but here it is Monday and we are still in a holding pattern. Just staying on bedrest and medication has saved the little guy one month in ICU. The consensus among the doctors is sometime this week. With pre-eclampsia there are many deciding factors, but in my case, blood pressure will probably be what determines the delivery.

Last night Don was able to see the Neo-Natal Intensive Care (I don't know is I spelled that right) and was very impressed. A nurse came to talk to us about babies at 31 1/2 weeks and what his journey will be like. It was completely overwhelming for me and all I kept thinking was that I have to stay close to this little thing and protect him. The past few days I have been spending my time contemplating all of this. There has been a lot of sleeping, a lot of migraines with medication, and lot of staring out the window. TV seems fairly pointless (I can't even watch the Hills). I try to read but it is hard to concentrate, and I would love to call you all but that seems to wear me out a bit...nothing personal-Don is trying to keep people posted, but this has been just as wearing on him, especially with work and selling our condo. So, be patient with us and try to check back here with updates.

Just a reminder that we are at St. Joseph's in Denver. It is a very nice hospital and we feel confident that we are in good hands.

No comments: