Monday, October 6, 2008

Losing My Health

Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Breaking The Cycle

As many of you know, during the past decade, I have suffered from Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Working, eating, and living my life have become impossible at times. At its worst, Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis both deny people of a normal life, or of a life at all. This is something so difficult to speak about, but I have decided it is time to take some action. I wish for everyone suffering from digestive disease like mine, comfort and strength. Even more, I hope that we gather this strength and push to find more answers. Currently doctors are able to relieve some symptoms and try to prevent relapses with various drug treatments, but that is not enough. Next week, I am about to start Remicade infusions. There are risks, but I hope this will help put my disease in remission for a while. And someday, I hope that I won't need this at all. Living life in pain is just not acceptable anymore.

Please help me raise money for Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, use this link to donate. http://www.active.com/donate/takestepsDN07/RCampbe389

The website is secure, fast and easy to use. At the website you will be able to choose an amount to donate and receive email confirmation of your donation. Thanks in advance for your help. I am walking to help spread the word about this disease and the people who live with them everyday. Come join me at the Denver Zoo on May 10th for the Denver Walk. For more information on Crohn's and Colitis and walks in your area, please go to www.ccfa.org!

Love,
Renee

No comments: